Sunday 27 September 2015

Project Proposal

I would like to work in advertising for my project. I want to explore photography that is surreal, creative and bursting with colour and imagination. After exploring surreal photography last year, it is definitely something I want to develop further in this year as I found the photoshop editing process of photography to be the most enjoyable. Below I have included some influential work that I have found: 
In all of these pictures I have looked at the composition of the subject and admired how everything in the frames were positioned. With the Coca cola one, it's the splash and pouring of drink that I want to develop in my project - I want to capture objects falling into jugs of water for example and capture the splash to add to the fresh appearance of the product I'm advertising. With the Nesquik one, I like that fellow breakfast foods have been placed near the cereal box e.g. a bowl for the cereal to go in and a bowl of grapes. I will add companions of my product into the frame when I photograph something to emphasise the finishing touch. With the left and bottom photographs, it's the surreal element of them which caught my eyes. They both look interesting and creative which are two factors I'm aiming to include in my work. With the top right cake photograph, I like the soft setting to match the soft sponge cake as it makes the overall piece look extremely effective. The out of focus candles in the distance add to the softness of this image, and I want to be able to photograph sweet treats in the same relaxed presentable way. 

Below are some more pictures I found that have inspired me for this advertisement project; as I of course don't want to just focus on food, but also explore topics such as art, reading, beauty, candles, perfumes, seasonal things etc; anything that can be photographed and advertised to the public through social media, magazines, newspapers and websites. 
I am going to approach this project with, as I mentioned previously, a surreal and creative technique. I want to capture fun colourful pictures created through mostly photoshop techniques. I will explore and devlop my photoshop skills from last year, and improve them this year. I will mainly be looking at sweets/snacks/food/cakes/drinks etc because I have many ideas for these topics; but also exploring many other topics that can be photographed through 'advertising'. I will be doing normal shoots where I just take photographs of things, and also shoots where I create the picture through photoshop techniques. To set myself up for the beginning of this topic and make a start on my ideas, I will be looking at photographing just close ups of sweets so that they fill the frame as I think this is a good starting point, and then I will create more interesting pieces through developing the sweets I use. 

1 comment:

  1. a strong project proposal which outlines the area of studies.

    ReplyDelete