Saturday 20 February 2016

Work Diary - Shoot 10

Evaluation

For shoot 10, I was only able to capture one photograph, as it was something I'd intended to piece together rather than experiment with in the studio. I already had the idea below in mind, and I'd taken each photograph at a different time, so I wasn't able to develop any more photographs to do with Batiste. However, I will be capturing more images with this beauty product in my exam in unit 4. 

I like the way that I have formed the composition of this piece, by taking two separate photographs - one of the Batiste bottle and one of Danielle - and merging them together in Photoshop by using the select and free transform tool. I selected the bottle with my hand holding it and dragged it onto the picture of Danielle, adjusting its size with the scale and rotate tool and having it sit at the left side of the frame to fill the empty space. I made Danielle puff her hair up either side of her head to emphasise the volume this dry shampoo gives you, and the motion you need to make when rubbing it into your scalp. I used the brightness and curves tool in Photoshop to enhance the brightness of this picture, providing the connotation of freshness, which connects with the flower designs around the bottle's packaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment